Everyone has that special occasion that they want to dress up for! Whether it is your anniversary, awards ceremony or just a friends birthday dinner; everyone wants to have that special hair-do! However, who can afford to go to the salon for these things? As a starving college student, I know that this is not an option for myself, so I learned some glamorous do it yourself hair styles!
First, there is the side swept do:
1. Start by parting your hair to the side.
2. You then should separate your hair into sections to curl with a clip.
3. Starting at the top, separate enough hair to have big curls and curl away from your face.
4. If you would like to have a more fancy option, like Taylor Swifts hairstyle, then perform a simple braid starting at the root of your bangs and work down.
5. Bring your hair to the side of your head with the most amount of hair, and band it with a hairband.
6. Grab one of the longest sections of your hair, about 2 fingers wide, and braid it down from the hairband.
7. Take the band and wrap it around the hairband and secure it with a bobby pin, this hides the hairband and gives the hairstyle a more sophisticated look.
8. Finally, take any hair that is remaining around your face and curl it, this gives your face a softer look.
Second, there is the Twisted Sister Up-Do:
1. Start with wavy or curly hair.
2. Then clip the front and top of your hair up and then put the remaining hair up in a messy bun, the messier the better!
3. Then take individual pieces from the top and front, and loosely twist them.
4. Take that piece and pin it into the messy bun, making sure to leave it not tight.
5. Continue to do this, alternating sides until you reach the top section of your hair.
6. Finally, backcomb the crown area of your hair for an easy volume.
7. Then twist and pin that section into the bun.
8. Gently pull a few pieces from your hairstyle and curl them away from your face to soften your look!
9. Finally, use a mirror or friend to make sure that none of the bobby pins are visible in the back.
I hope that these hairstyles light up your fancy night! 🙂